In recent years, summer is getting longer, and the temperature is getting higher and higher. On summer days in most United States regions, the temperature remains between 37.8-46.1° Fahrenheit or 100-115° Celsius. But you feel at least 5°f. more heat on your skin because of the low moisture in the air. Now, you can imagine how horrible the situation is!
However, this hot weather cannot stop dirt bike enthusiasts from going on an adventurous trip. But, before going on the trip, you have to wear the best motorcycle helmet for hot weather to keep yourself protected, ventilated, and safe from the sun’s bloody eye.
Here, we have narrowed down the 5 best ventilated and hot weather dirt bike helmets to maximize your bike riding enjoyment with 100% brain protection. You can choose the Fox Racing Motorcycle Helmet as it is the best-protected helmet.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Motorcycle Helmets for Hot weather
- 1. Fox Racing Women’s V1 Helmet – Best For Protection
- 2. Fly Racing Kinetic Straight Edge Helmet – Best For Full-Face
- 3. Troy Lee Designs Helmet – Best For Ventilation
- 4. KLIM F3 Helmet – Best For Lightweight
- 5. Arai VX-Pro4 Sprint Motorcycle Helmet – Best For Adult
- How To Choose The Best Dirt Bike Helmets For Hot Weather
- Final Thoughts
Top 5 Best Motorcycle Helmets for Hot weather
1. Fox Racing Women’s V1 Helmet – Best For Protection
Our top pick is the Fox racing motorcycle helmet as a perfect match and superior safety to your mountain trail rides.
Because you will find very few helmets in the market that earn more than 90% positive feedback from their users, the Fox Racing helmet has reached that benchmark. Most of the users (91%) of this helmet give 5-star ratings to protect their noggins from any road crash efficiently.
The ABS and injection molded polycarbonate shell prevent concussions and hard impacts when you wear it during off-road biking. That’s why you can ride the dirt bike from the safe side by avoiding any accidents.
The 4 size EPS inner liners ensure your comfortable helmet fittings. However, the pads also absorb sweat or moisture to keep you dry and cool. The helmet is as strong as a brick from the outside to ensure your safety and as soft as a pillow to ensure your comfort. That’s awesome!
In addition, it has 9 intake vents for accessible air entrance and 4 exhaust vents to release the warm air from the inside of the helmet. So you don’t feel exhausted, overheated, and wet during riding. It comes in super small to super large sizes, so you can choose your preferred size from these multiple options. That means overall, it is the best dirt bike helmet for hot weather.
- DOT approved and meet FMVSS 218 Standard for safety assurance
- The outer layer is made with ABS shell
- 4 EPS multi-density inner pads for precise fittings
- Total 13 air vents for proper airflow
- The injection-molded polycarbonate makes it lightweight
- Excellent design and attractive outlook
- Perfect fittings and well ventilation
- Lightweight and highly protective
- The inside foam is soft and comfortable around your head
- Best helmet for the money
- The size is not correct; you have to order one size bigger
2. Fly Racing Kinetic Straight Edge Helmet – Best For Full-Face
If you like to wear a full-face helmet for your next dirt bike ride, none other than FLY racing kinetic straight edge helmet is a perfect choice. Its 2.95 pounds weight makes it extra lightweight, ensuring your comfort and reducing neck pain when you wear it for a longer time.
This brain bucket is made with a polymer shell; that’s why the company can balance safety and lightweight. Because no matter how durable and safe the helmet is, you cannot wear it comfortably if the helmet is overweight. This is the best dirt bike helmet under 200 dollars.
The inner paddings are constructed with EPS fabrics, and there are multiple layers of foam. You can remove any pads from the helmet for your snug fittings. Not only that, as the pads are washable and dryable, it makes your pad cleaning process more manageable. So you can maintain hygiene, keep the helmet odor, and germ-free to avoid any virus and bacteria-related diseases.
The helmet is designed for versatile use such as (UTV, ATV, off-Road, motocross, and bicycle), so you can meet your all-purpose with this one headgear. You can match the helmet color with your bike from its black, blue, and gray color.
- Meet FMVSS 218 standard and receive DOT approval
- Used polymer shell and EPS foam as helmet materials
- Focused TFV (True Functional Ventilation) system to make it well ventilated
- Sweat absorbing cheek paddings
- Secure fit for different shaped head
- Multipurpose uses with excellent protection
- Separate size for youth and adults
- Extremely lightweight and full coverage
- Snug fittings without hurting your skull
- Excellent and attractive design for male, female and children
- We find no cons
3. Troy Lee Designs Helmet – Best For Ventilation
We keep the Troy Lee Designs Helmet for your small head with an attractive graphic design. You have to pass many challenging situations when riding your ATV or UTV through the rough, muddy, and uneven terrain. So getting some hard blows on your head, feeling overheated, and generating sweat is very common.
If you wear a highly protective and secure helmet during riding, you don’t have to worry about the impacts, scorching heat, or sweat generation. The company uses SE4 Carbon or Composite to construct its outer shell and MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) for liner. The inner liners reduce the helmet rotational forces when you ride the helmet at high speed. So the helmet is the perfect choice to protect your head from impacts and concussions and is comfortable to wear.
You will get adequate air circulation inside the helmet on a hot summer day because of its open-face design, which prevents excessive sweat generation, focus distraction, and skull irritation. So you can consider the Troy Lee branded helmet as one of the best ventilated dirt bike helmet.
On top-notch, you can get this heavy-duty helmet and the best dirt bike helmet under 300 dollars.
So when you do the math of your investment, we can assure you that you will win the game as the helmet is worth every penny.
- The helmet is DOT certified
- Polyacrylate outer shell makes it durable
- Designed the helmet by following MIPS safety technology
- EPP sweat absorbing foam liner
- UV rays protective sun visor
- High-quality helmet with detailed craftsmanship
- Your look stylish with its sharp-looking graphics
- Strong, protective, and lightweight
- Budget-friendly price
- Satisfactory customer care
- Small in size, so it is not perfect for big heads
- No color variations
4. KLIM F3 Helmet – Best For Lightweight
Have you felt neck fatigue when wearing a heavyweight helmet for a prolonged time? And that’s why you have to frequently go out with your dirt bike. No way, my friends. Just pick up the KLIM F3 helmet, forget your neck pain, and enjoy your off-road biking safe and adventure ride. Because this helmet is designed to maximize impact protection with minimizing your neck fatigue.
How? Let us describe.
You feel neck pain when your helmet is heavyweight and cannot distribute its overall weight evenly throughout the helmet. But, the KLIM F3 used structural mapped composite material that makes it lightweight and distributes the helmet’s weight on every area of your skull. So it can easily protect your head from hard blows and release your head from carrying uneven weights.
It also uses customized EPS internal liner systems to fit the helmet for any shaped head. The cheek pads are 3D ergonomic designed so you can secure the helmet with the cheek pads fastly and efficiently. So there is no chance to come out of the helmet when you turn the bike from one position to another at high speed.
This hot weather dirt bike helmet comes with 9 intake holes with four exhaust holes. That’s why you get enough airflow for easy breathing and feel calm, cool, and dry. So you should not forget to get a trail with this helmet to avoid neck pain to take your dirt bike riding experience to the advanced level.
- Receive DOT approval and meet ECE standards
- Used structure mapped composite material
- Three shell sizes for an exact and comfortable fit
- 13 holes for the intelligent ventilation system
- Wide-open spaces for a clear view
- Versatile use, so avoid separate helmet for a different purpose
- Well fittings and very comfortable
- Lightweight and easy to wear
- Cool graphics to look excellent
- Don’t easily get scratched
- Slightly pricey
5. Arai VX-Pro4 Sprint Motorcycle Helmet – Best For Adult
If you don’t have any budget limitations but want a heavy-duty helmet, the Arai VX-Pro4 sprint motorcycle helmet meets your expectations. This helmet is also produced by maintaining all safety standards to keep you safe from minor to significant motorcycle crashes.
The inside of the helmet is made with expandable Polystyrene, and it helps you keep forward the EPS inner pads to get enough room for your face movement. There are also attached fast and easily manageable chin straps to secure it to your head. That’s why you can comfortably wear the helmet without distracting your focus. However, you can wear this dirt bike helmet with goggles to keep your eyes safe from air dust and dirt.
As you want to pick it up for hot days, a sound ventilation system is required in your helmet. Yes, Arai keeps it in mind, and the company designs the helmet consisting of three essential chin intake vents, two under peak intake vents, two upper and three lower exhaust vents. So it is one of the best dirt bike helmets for summer because of its different air holes.
- Certified from DOT and FMVSS No. 218 authority
- EPS inner liner pads make it snug fittings
- Easy releasable FCS cheek pads
- It has 13 air vents in different areas of the helmet
- The helmet is available in 5 different size
- Strong, protective, safe, and durable
- Customize fittings and easy to wear with goggles
- Excellent ventilation system for enough airflow
- The neck roll pad is removable, washable, and reusable
- Unisex design so stylish for both male and female
- High price compared to other brands
- A little bit heavyweight
How To Choose The Best Dirt Bike Helmets For Hot Weather
Choosing the right size, shape, and quality helmet for your Off-road driving is not an easy job. So before investing your bucks and keeping your noggin safe, you must consider some crucial features in your helmet. Here is a beginner-friendly best dirt bike helmet buying guide.
Helmet Construction Materials
First and foremost, you have to consider the helmet’s construction material quality to ensure its strength to protect your head from any collision. Not only that, but the material also makes it durable and long-lasting, which makes the investment worthwhile.
You can check the helmet-making material from the website of the helmet or by reading the user manual. The helmet, made with an ABS outer shell, EPS inner fabrics, easy release chin straps, different shapes of air vents, and an adjustable sun visor, can be considered the best quality helmet.
Fittings And Comfort
No matter how good the helmet is, if the helmet doesn’t fit you well, that will be the wrong choice for you. So you should choose a helmet that fits well with your head size and shape because you will not feel comfortable with a loose-fitting or tight-fitting helmet. You have to know your head size and shape and place your helmet buying order according to that.
In summer, the sun heats scorchingly, and it is very natural to feel overheated and suffocating when riding a bike on the off-road. So you need the best ventilated designed helmet to get sufficient airflow to take a breath quickly. Otherwise, it will be very tough to enjoy the ride if you sweat and feel wet. The more air holes the helmet has, the more it can pass the air inside the helmet. So don’t forget to check the helmet’s air passing technology before making up your mind to buy any helmet.
There are different ranges of dirt bikes available in the market because different companies produce different helmets by focusing on all levels of bikers. For example, you can buy your preferred helmet under your budget.
But, the expert bikers suggest avoiding cheap helmets to save some bucks by compromising with their quality. They recommend buying a helmet that ranges at least 200-300 dollars. So choose your budget, at least this amount. And if you have the scope to increase your budget limit, of course, you have to improve it.
A helmet is an essential safety gear to save your brain and life. So you should not take this lightly. Now you know the best dirt bike helmets for hot weather and all the essential information on choosing one.
We do all the homework to help you pick the fitting helmet for your next dirt bike ride. You are still confused and overwhelmed about what to choose. Never mind, follow our experts’ suggestions.
If you want the best motorcycle helmet for hot weather you can choose the Troy Lee Designs Helmet and if you have a budget limit then you can choose the FLY racing kinetic straight edge helmet.
Best luck with your next dirt bike helmet journey.
You can also read our reviews of the best dirt bike helmets and their buying guide to choose the best suitable one for you.